Marine Square

Loading...
Thumbnail Image

Date

2010-04-01T14:14:01Z

Authors

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

Waterman the Hatter, Clothier and Outfitter, Trinidad

Abstract

Originally called the Plaza de la Marina by the Spanish, it was the name given to the area extending from the Wharf in the west to the Roman Catholic Cathedral to the east. When the British came in 1797, the name was changed to Marine Square. In 1962 the Marine Square was renamed Independence Square. At the top left hand corner of the postcard is a thorn penny postage stamp.

Description

Colour: Sepia; Style: Landscape; Other: Bordered, Divided
Funding for this project has been provided by Mrs. Irma E. Goldstraw.

Table of Contents

Keywords

Trinidad and Tobago, Postcards, Cities and towns--Trinidad and Tobago--Port of Spain, Promenades (Pedestrian areas)--Trinidad and Tobago, Pedestrian areas--Trinidad and Tobago, Plazas--Trinidad and Tobago, Architecture--Trinidad and Tobago, Trees--Trinidad and Tobago, Homeless persons--Trinidad and Tobago

Citation