Victoria Institute, Trinidad

Date

2010-06-16T14:20:35Z

Authors

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

Goodwille and Wilson Ltd., Trinidad

Abstract

The postcard shows the Victoria Institute which built to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Queen’s Victoria’s reign. Fire gutted the building in 1920s and it was rebuilt in 1923, but renamed the National Museum and Art Gallery in 1965. The original building was designed by Daniel Mienerts Hahn, a German who worked in the Dept of Public Works. The following is written in script at the back of the postcard are these words:"This is a college where boys are trained it costs them five dollars a month it is in a pretty place just a little ways from the place."

Description

Colour: Sepia; Style: Landscape; Other: Unbordered, Divided
Funding for this project has been provided by Mrs. Irma E. Goldstraw.

Table of Contents

Keywords

Trinidad and Tobago, Postcards, Historical buildings, Port of Spain, National Museum

Citation