Colonial Hospital, Port of Spain, Trinidad

Date
2010-06-30T13:23:59Z
Authors
Journal Title
Journal ISSN
Volume Title
Publisher
Davidson and Todd Ltd., Trinidad
Abstract
The postcard shows the Colonial hospital which dates back to 1858. This two storey building, with its Georgian styled architecture, was designed by Lewis Samuels. The building was constructed on the site of the former British military barracks called Orange Grove. The name of the addressee is unclear, however, the card is postmarked 1913, and affixed is a Trinidad penny postage stamp.
Description
Colour: Sepia; Style: Landscape; Other: Unbordered, Divided
Funding for this project has been provided by Mrs. Irma E. Goldstraw.
Table of Contents
Keywords
Trinidad and Tobago, Postcards, Hospitals--Trinidad and Tobago, Cities and towns--Trinidad and Tobago--Port of Spain, 1913, Historic building--Trinidad and Tobago, Architecture--Trinidad and Tobago
Citation