Gov't House, Trinidad

Date

2009-05-12T14:39:33Z

Authors

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

Abstract

Early picture of The Government House from across the garden where the foundation stone was laid in 1876. The structure is made mainly of iron and steel with local blue limestone for the front walls. The arched doorways and portico (porch) are Italian in style while the columns and railings are Victorian.

Description

Colour: Black and White; Style: Landscape; Other: Bordered, Undivided
Funding for this project has been provided by Mrs. Irma E. Goldstraw.

Table of Contents

Keywords

Trinidad and Tobago, Postcards, Public buildings--Trinidad and Tobago, Historic buildings--Trinidad and Tobago, Gardens--Trinidad and Tobago, Architecture--Trinidad and Tobago, Blinds, Window shades--Trinidad and Tobago, Benches--Trinidad and Tobago, Garden ornaments and furniture--Trinidad and Tobago, Outdoor furniture--Trinidad and Tobago, Seating (Furniture)--Trinidad and Tobago, Palms--Trinidad and Tobago, [1926], Cities and towns--Trinidad and Tobago--Port of Spain, Governors--Dwellings--Trinidad and Tobago, Official residences--Trinidad and Tobago, Dwellings--Trinidad and Tobago

Citation