Homeopathic Hospital, Rochester, N.Y.

Date

2009-03-17T15:41:39Z

Authors

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

The Rochester News Company

Abstract

The picture shows the front grounds of the hospital with several automobiles parked in the driveway. The Hospital was chartered on May 25th, 1887. Over the years additions to the original building were constructed: the Pavilion and the South Wing in 1893, the nurses dormitory in 1898. On December 1st, 1889 the Rochester Homeopathic Hospital School of Nursing was opened. In 1926, the North Wing was added and in that same year the hospital's name was changed to The Genesee Hospital. On May 21st, 2001, the last patient was discharged and the doors closed. Affixed to the postcard is a US 1 cent stamp. It is postmarked December, 1924 and bears the number 26850N.

Description

Colour: Coloured; Style: Landscape; Other: Bordered, Divided
Funding for this project has been provided by Mrs. Irma E. Goldstraw.

Table of Contents

Keywords

Postcards, United States, Cities and towns--United States--Rochester, Buildings--United States, Hospitals--United States, 1924, Automobiles--United States

Citation