Fire Brigade Station, Trinidad

Loading...
Thumbnail Image

Date

2010-07-05T17:22:37Z

Authors

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

Davidson and Todd Ltd., Trinidad

Abstract

With its distinctive tower, the fire station depicted in the postcard was erected at a cost of £4,000 in 1895-6, in the aftermath of the 1895 fire that destroyed much of downtown Port of Spain. The building became the headquarters of the Trinidad and Tobago Fire Service when that entity was established in 1951. Today this building has been refurbished and forms part of the National Library Building complex located at the corner of Hart and Abercromby Streets in Port of Spain.

Description

Colour: Sepia; Style: Landscape; Other: Unbordered, Divided
Funding for this project has been provided by Mrs. Irma E. Goldstraw.

Table of Contents

Keywords

Trinidad and Tobago, Postcards, Cities and towns--Trinidad and Tobago--Port of Spain, Historical buildings--Trinidad and Tobago, Fire stations--Trinidad and Tobago, Architecture--Trinidad and Tobago

Citation