Governor's Residence

Loading...
Thumbnail Image

Date

2009-05-13T16:28:02Z

Authors

Journal Title

Journal ISSN

Volume Title

Publisher

Goodwille and Wilson Ltd., Trinidad

Abstract

A picture of The Government House in St. Ann's where the foundation stone was laid in 1876. The structure is made mainly of iron and steel with local blue limestone for the front walls, the arched doorways and portico (porch) are Italian in style while the columns and railings are Victorian style. This residence was designated "The President's House" in 1976 when Trinidad and Tobago became a Republic.

Description

Colour: Green, Black and White; Style: Landscape; Other: Unbordered, Divided
Funding for this project has been provided by Mrs. Irma E. Goldstraw.

Table of Contents

Keywords

Trinidad and Tobago, Postcards, Public buildings--Trinidad and Tobago, Historic buildings--Trinidad and Tobago, Gardens--Trinidad and Tobago, Architecture--Trinidad and Tobago

Citation